call/cc

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:48:44 -0700

I tried out your example (even with GC_EVERY_CHECK) and it seemed to work
fine.  Let me know (a few days in advance) of when you will need a call/cc
enabled version of MLton and I'll make a snapshot.  In the absence of any
prodding by you, I'll wait to make the snapshot until I fix up some of the
FFI stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Helsen [mailto:helsen@informatik.uni-freiburg.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 1999 12:05 PM
To: Steve Weeks
Subject: call/cc

Hi Steve,

in the attach. you find a larger example using call/cc. It is a simple
lambda calc. specializer and you only have to change the uses of
SMLofNJ.Cont.callcc and SMLofNJ.Cont.throw

This is really the kind of stuff I'll be doing in the ML partial
evaluator, only on a larger scale. I don't think you'll be able to make
performance comparisons on this tiny sample. But I am happy to do this
later on when I have a full SML Partial Evaluator ready.

	Simon