Scope rules for CPS and other questions...

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@research.nj.nec.com
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:17:29 -0500

The paper simplifies things a little bit from the current implementation,
but I don't think there's any significant deviation.    CPS local functions
have limited scope (namely the enclosing top-level function), but because they
are continuations they don't escape fro the function in which they are defined.
There's no explicit lambda lifting phase.  MLton handles tail-calls properly.
I suspect since CPS functions get turned into labels and are called via jumps,
the overhead of using "pure" CPS won't be very great, although I would be curious
to see the results.

                -- Suresh