uncurrier

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@research.nj.nec.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:39:38 -0500

   From: "Stephen Weeks" <sweeks@intertrust.com>
   Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:12:01 -0800 (PST)

   > Finally got around to getting the kit running with the uncurrier.
   > The results were disappointing.  With uncurrying, MLton took
   > 76.19 sec.  Without it, it took 76.5, i.e., essentially no
   > difference.

   :-(.  Did you ever do the self compile?  Not that I'm expecting much
   at this point.

No, haven't done that yet, but I pretty much agree with you that there's
not much to expect from it.  I'm happy to entertain other suggestions on
how we might go about trying to speed up the kit (other than generate
native-code -- you'll need to target those messages to Dino.)

    -- sj