Decode this bug

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:54:00 -0800 (PST)

> Bug: reference to Cons741 not in scope
>
> uncaught exception Bug
>
> Here's the printed version of the Cps code. It looks like Cons741 is "in
> scope" I'm not sure what to make of it... (this is the only reference to
> Cons741 in the program...)

I agree that Cons741 is in scope.  The only thing I can think of
offhand is that there are two different variables, both of which have
the same print name.  The stuff in atoms/id.fun is supposed to prevent
this though.

Maybe some more information would help.  It's possible to get loads of
debugging info by turning on tracing.  If you'll uncomment any calls
to Trace.trace in cps/type-check.fun and put a call
	val _ = Trace.Immediate.always()
just before the call to typeCheck that detects the error, we might
learn something.  If the output's not too large, send it -- or feel
free to send an appropriate snippet.