new mlprof on benchmarks

Henry Cejtin henry@clairv.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:44:06 -0500

Does  the  -s flag turn it off?  I would still chose to leave the default the
way it was.  I thought about it and it makes slightly more sense that way  to
me,  but  it isn't a big deal as long as -s can be used to turn static's off.
(From the looks of Knuth-bendix, this is the case.)

Ah, excellent.  I remember that the stack  frame  size  was  a  real  problem
before,  but  the  new register allocator seems to have done great things for
both that and the GC pointer copying.  What did you do to implement the stack
slot  sharing?   Do  the  ML  types have to be the same?  I assume that the C
types do have to be the same.