Your ML-Compiler and C++.

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@research.nj.nec.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:12:34 -0500

   Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:46:40 +0200
   From: Justin Pearson <justin@DoCS.UU.SE>

   Background : Although I was taught Miranda many years ago, I havn't
   done much functional programming since then and I havn't followed what
   been going on.

   But now I've started to relearn ML and I'm having some fun.

   I need to write some code which has two parts, one part is
   particularly well suited to ML and the other part uses a variant of
   BDD's which I will code in C++. The question is in MLton, is there a
   mechanism for integrating foreign C++ code?

   Regards

   Justin Pearson

Unfortunately, the foreign function interface for MLton only works
with C right now.  We might consider expanding this in the future, but
I think it unlikely that we'll have a clean interface to C++ in the near
term.

		-- Suresh