No subject

Henry Cejtin henry@research.nj.nec.com
Mon, 10 May 1999 18:10:52 -0400

I  ran  through  a bunch of the benchmark examples, comparing my coalescer to
the old one.  Here are the results:

        life.sml                no change
        count-graphs.sml        no change
        knuth-bendix.sml        10 chunks -> 3 chunks
        ratio-regions.sml       7 chunks -> 4 chunks
        simple.sml              360 chunks -> 283 chunks
        barnes-hut.sml          no change
        lexgen.sml              25 chunks -> 6 chunks
        vliw.sml                1455 chunks -> 376 chunks
        nucleic.sml             no change
        mlyacc.sml              471 chunks -> 29 chunks

In NONE of these examples did the maximum frame size change.

I remain confused.