For your viewing pleasure :)

Stephen Weeks MLton@research.nj.nec.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:16:39 -0800 (PST)

> Well, you can close the Window - right?

Indeed.

> This is an event
> handled explicitly in the ML code :)

I'll be interested to see how you do callbacks.  But I can wait for
the full version of the game.

> I have just found out that, maybe I shouldn't use the Windows
> sopen command (it stands for shared open...). It seems that
> your sopen stands for safe open and that it is a function
> you wrote explicitly (and not part of the linux/posix API).

Correct.  I have lots of "s" versions of standard library functions.
See my-lib.{h,c}.

> The linker complains about a few "missing" functions which _are_
> _there_... also I found it very weird that the crosscompiler
> complains about a line like this:
>
> state->environ = (uint)environ;
>
> It says something like: Syntax error before (
>
> Even after changing it to:
>
> state->environ = 0;
>
> It still complains about that parenthesis, even though
> there isn't any!

The only thing I can think of is that environ is a macro that is
expanding into something containing a "(".  Try out gcc -E to see
what's going on.