mlton on 64-bit architectures

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@research.nj.nec.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:29:28 -0400

   Sender: okrslar@research.nj.nec.com
   Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:25:46 +0200
   From: Martin Okrslar <okrslar@informatik.uni-muenchen.de>

   Hi all there,

   I am sure this question was asked a hundered times (but I didnt find a
   FAQ): Is it possible to compile the generated C code with a non-linux
   gcc? We implemeted some finite-state-automata, and the lexicon group
   just started to implement the same kind of stuff in C on a dec alpha.
   Wouldn't  it  be very nice if they could use or glorious ML-code?

   Thanks a lot

       Martin

Right now, MLton has only been thoroughly tested on linux-based x96 machines,
although we know of at least one port to Solaris.  Offhand, I suspect a port to
a new architecture will entail a fair amount of work.  Unfortunately, we use
linux-based x86 exclusively here, so there's little chance of us getting around
to an alpha port.  We'd be thrilled if you'd like to give it a go :-)

      -- Suresh