1130 tweaks

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:21:22 -0600

The  file  doc/examples/ffi/ffi  should  not be included in the source RPM (I
think).

Yikes: the usage messsage from mlton is huge (sad, but not horrible), but
    It is 112 columns wide (ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE).
    It is printed with trailing space characters (also HORRIBLE).
These REALLY REALLY have to be fixed.  I would think that the table  function
shouldn't  put trailing white space, but it depends on where else you use it.
Alternatively, in the List.foreach in  ! usageRef  you  could  trim  trailing
blanks  before  adding  a  newline at the end.  This fixes the trailing white
space, but not the length of the comments.  The length also  REALLY  must  be
fixed.   Either  go for multiple lines or shorten things.  I would argue that
shorter messages are better since they are just supposed to remind you if you
kind-of  already  knew  what was going on.  If you don't, the man page is the
place to go.  Just change the indentation of the whole list to 4  spaces  and
then be brutal on truncating the messages.