Unit refs....

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:30:20 -0800 (PST)

> The code produced by closure convert contians the creation of many "unit
> refs" that seem unneeded. Can someone explain why they're generated? They're
> causing a problem with my region code, I can hack around them, but If
> possible, I'd like to avoid generating them in the first place...

Hmmm.  The implement exceptions pass (before closure conversion)
introduces exceptions to implement generativity.  The closure
converter doesn't introduce unit refs, as far as I can remember.  It
does, however, introduce a unit whenever there is an empty closure
record.  Could you send the input and output?