Stacksize runtime bugs.....

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:23:47 -0800 (PST)

> Also, I tried running mlton with a fixed stacksize by make the
> initialStackBytes function return something appropiate, but it didn't seem
> to work. Can I get a hint as to how to start the runtime with a large fixed
> stack?

I think that setting initialStackBytes should cause the initial stack
size to be set as you want.  What behavior did this cause (seg
fault?).  However, this won't be enough to cause the use of a
fixed-size stack, since the stack is automatically shrunk during a gc
if not much stack is being used.  See lines 729-744 of gc.c for the
stack resizing code.  It should be easy to tweak so that the stack is
never shrunk by changing line 736 or 737.