New MLton distribution...

ANOQ of the Sun anoq@hardcoreprocessing.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:12:54 +0200

"Stephen Weeks" wrote:

> >From a diff of the makefiles, I see you changed
>                                 ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/../gmp-stuff &&      \
>                                 ./configure --host=i586-unknown-linux --target=i386-unknown-win32 --prefix=`pwd`/../gmp-stuff &&        \
>
> I changed it back and libgmp.a was made fine.  It must be this line.
> I conjecture it is the --target which causes the extra "_".

Thanks a lot for all your comments! I had completely forgotten about
this... it was because I couldn't get the crosscompilation to
work otherwise. I'm sure this is the only problem.

I don't know how I would add autodetection for this to
the MLton makefiles. How would you do this autodetection?

I know of one method (which was used in the older SDL libaries).
It goes something like:

TARGET := $(shell uname | tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]')

ifeq ($(TARGET), WIN32)
# ...
else
# ...