New MLton distribution...

ANOQ of the Sun anoq@hardcoreprocessing.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:08:17 +0200

"Stephen Weeks" wrote:

> > I don't know how I would add autodetection for this to
> > the MLton makefiles. How would you do this autodetection?
>
> I don't know anything about autodetection, so if you find something
> that works, fine with me.  Maybe Henry has something to say.

Come to think of it - calling uname only detects the
host, so one will have to type
make target=win32
when crosscompiling - but I think this is OK. The
way this distribution works, users will have to
compile natively twice first, and then make
the runtime libraries for the crosscompiler.

Henry Cejtin wrote:
>When I had to do this for Scheme48 I just set up
>the GNU autoconf stuff so that it compiled a file
>which had the function `fnord' in it and then I grep'd
>the output of the nm command on the result for `_fnord'.

I still haven't learned how to use autoconf... :(
So I think I will go with the more "acoustic"
approach :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com