chr 26 in read?

Stephen Weeks MLton@research.nj.nec.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

> I think it's strange that the readArr output is
> last (but it might be printf vs. ML's print)...

I'm guessing that MLton's IO library was line buffering the output and
C's printf wasn't.

> In both files the position where it stops
> is the first char-code 26 in the file.
> This looks much better - so the
> problem must be Windows specific...
> Does anybody know what char-code
> 26 means?

I agree.  It looks windows specific.  My only guesses are that you
need to use another flag/mode when opening the file or there is a bug
in the posix emulation library you are linking with.

I have no idea about char code 26.  27 is escape, but that's probably
irrelevant.