SRPMs

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:29:41 -0800 (PST)

When the native backend becomes the default, I'm not quite sure what to include
in the SRPM.  We used to include the mlton.c file generated by "mlton -stop c
mlton.cm", but this file will no longer exist.  The motivation for including
that file was so that people who had a machine without mlton could start with
just the SRPM and build MLton.  I guess we could include the .s files, but that
seems even sillier to me (it's already kind of silly to include the .c).

Another alternative would be to just include the .sml sources and to require the
existence of MLton in order to compile the SRPM.  Does this sound horrible to
people?  Any other ideas?