SML.NET

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thought y'all might be interested in this post on comp.lang.functional

http://x67.deja.com/threadmsg_md.xp?thitnum=3D2&mhitnum=3D1&CONTEXT=3D97=
0587773.1232797708&new=3D1&AN=3D676963728.1&uniq=3D970587787.1232732176

       Re: ML and .NET
 Date:
       10/03/2000
 Author:
       Nick Benton
       <nickdn1@my-deja.com>

      =20
                              << previous  =B7  next >>=20

 In article <39D90C38.F23AD74F@cmu.edu>,
   Hal Daume III <hal@cmu.edu> wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Rumors have had it that someone at MS Research is
 working on an SML to
 > .NET compiler.  Can anyone verify this?  If so, does anyone
 know what
 > flavor of ML this is (i.e., SML, etc...) and when such a
 compiler
 might
 > exist?  Even better, does anyone know of a website that's
 dedicated to
 > this?
 >
 > Thanks...
 >
 >  - Hal

 =20
 Yes. Andrew Kennedy and I have an SML compiler which
 targets the .NET common language runtime. We demoed it
 at the PDC in Florida in July (along with a whole bunch of
 other "academic" languages), but it's not yet publicly
 available. Apart from a couple of paragraphs on
 http://research.microsoft.com/ppt/ there isn't any
 information on the web yet either. The latter will be fixed
 real soon now and we're planning to make a (possibly rather
 unpolished...) release of the compiler available to the
 intrepid sometime round about the end of the year.
 =20
   Nick Benton
   MSR Cambridge