SEGV

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:24:55 -0700 (PDT)

> I ran smaller examples of input and I didn't get my program to segfault.  I
> then compiled it with -g and it segfaulted on the big input with no message.
> (It took 2 hours and 10 minutes.)
> I'm running it doing a GC on every check, but it will never finish.
> Any suggestions?

You could add the gc-every-program-point facility to MLton.  This is exactly the
kind of case where it would be helpful, and should let you run without too much
slowdown.  You might be able to do it all in ccodegen.h.

Otherwise, I'd say send me the code and I'll play around with it a bit (probably
tomorrow, though).