Easy question :)

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm back to hacking on my type safe GC using MLton. I'm updating my code to
> work with the newer releases of MLton.

Hi Dan.  It's good to hear you're working on it again.  Is this post-thesis? :-)

> You'll notice the order of fields has been completely reversed. This breaks
> some of my code down stream which looks at the first field of a constructor
> for a value of type "rhandle" which is my hack to figure out what objects
> are and are not region allocated and what region they are allocated in.
>
> Can anyone point me to the code where the fields get reorder? Or a place, I
> can hack so that all rhandle's are the first field of every object?

There are probably several passes that reverse the order of function arguments.
I just checked and flattening is one for sure, but there are probably others.
It seems like an easier solution would be to look for the rhandle argument in
any position.  Is there a reason that won't work?