MLton with your fixes

Norman Ramsey nr@eecs.harvard.edu
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:12:10 -0400

 > > I can't make either of these rpms work---the binary one needs
 > > libraries I don't have, and the source one fails mysteriously.
 >
 > Are you able to use mlton-20010806 or 20010706?  I am curious to know if/whe
   n we
 > broke something in our build process.

I don't know.  Can try if you like.  A couple of notes:

  - I don't know if I am using the source rpm correctly.
    I have never succeeded in getting *any* source rpm to build.
    I am running 'rpm --recompile mlton-20010823-1.src.rpm' which
    appears to do something useful but then fail as shown below.

  - My machine seems to have mlton 20000906, but I can't find any
    indication of how it got there.

Norman

Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.66346
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cd mlton-20010823
+ cd src
+ make
cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mlton-20010823/src/mlton && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mlton-20010823/src/mlton'
rm -f front-end/ml.grm.* && \
        mlyacc front-end/ml.grm && \
        chmod -w front-end/ml.grm.*
1 shift/reduce conflict
rm -f front-end/ml.lex.sml && \
        mllex front-end/ml.lex && \
        chmod -w front-end/ml.lex.sml

Number of states = 314
Number of distinct rows = 202
Approx. memory size of trans. table = 208464 bytes
Compiling mlton (takes a while)
time mlton @MLton -- -v -o mlton-compile mlton.cm
invalid file suffix on @MLton
usage: mlton [option ...] file.{cm|sml|c|s|o} [library ...]
        -Ddefine             define symbolic constant
        -g                   produce executable with debug info
        -h heapSize[{k|m}]   specify fixed heap size used by executable
        -iinclude            include a .h file in the C code
        -indentation n       specify indentation level in CPS IL
        -inline n            specify inlining threshold
        -Idir                specify a dir to search for include files
        -keep {a|c|m|p|o|s}+ save intermediate files
        -llibrary            link with a library
        -Ldir                specify a dir to search for libraries
        -no-polyvariance     don't use polyvariance
        -o file              specify name of output file
        -O{0-9}              specify gcc optimization level
        -p                   produce executable with profiling info
        -show-types          print types in ILs
        -static              produce a statically linked executable
        -stop {c|f|m|o|s}    specify pass to stop at
        -v                   be verbose about compiler passes
Command exited with non-zero status 1
0.05user 0.04system 0:00.29elapsed 31%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
make[1]: *** [mlton-compile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mlton-20010823/src/mlton'
make: *** [/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mlton-20010823/src/mlton/mlton-compile] Error 2