MLton with your fixes

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:31:35 -0500

The thing to do with source RPMs that is most safe is to install it and then
go to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and run
	rpm -ba mlton.spec
If everything works, this will make binary and source RPMs.  The binary
RPM will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386, and you should just install that.
Alternatively, you can just do
	rpm -bp mlton.spec
instead, which will make put all the MLton sources in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD,
and then you can use the non-RPM way of building things.  The directory
created in BUILD is exactly what comes in the source .tgz.
If you are running a Red Hat distribution and you tell me which one it is
(cat /etc/redhat-release) and I have it here, I can make a binary RPM for your
version.  I still have some machines (like my laptop) that are running
Red Hat 6.0, so I always do this any way with new versions of MLton.