new SML/NJ

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:05:56 -0600

I see that version 110.32 of SML/NJ is out, and it claims to have a `full
implementation of IntInf'.  I would love to switch from 110.9.1, which is
pretty much what we are all using to this since I am constantly being pimped
while writing code by the fact that the overloading in 110.9.1 doesn't work
for IntInf.int things (+, literals, etc.).  On the other hand, I remember
Stephen had some problems with new incompatibilities in versions of SML/NJ
after 110.9.1.  Could you (Stephen) give it a shot and see if it is acceptable
to you?