Bugs report

Alain Deutsch deutsch@polyspace.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:17:33 +0100

Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.
--------------E65A02B1EA6CC7A2DD35D34C

--------------809B023FFD2C732E72D9623D

Dear colleague,

 I am evaluating your compiler (20000906-2) as an alternative to SML/NJ
and have noticed some technical problems:

*	using environ crashes: there is a mismatch between its effective
C type and its declared ML type. The fix is easy.
*	the Main() mfs parameter (used to initialise s->maxFrameSize) is
sometimes a few bytes less than the maximum of sizes of frames. This can
result in a spurious assert() failed in gc.c in debug mode. Do you have
a fix ? What are the potential consequences ?

Thanks for your help ! Besides these problems, I want to tell you how
impressed I am by this considerable work of yours.

    Sincerely,

    Alain Deutsch.

--------------809B023FFD2C732E72D9623D

Dear colleague,
SML/NJ and have noticed some technical problems:
<ul>
<li>
using environ crashes: there is a mismatch between its effective C type
and its declared ML type. The fix is easy.</li>

<li>
the Main() mfs parameter (used to initialise s->maxFrameSize) is sometimes
a few bytes less than the maximum of sizes of frames. This can result in
a spurious assert() failed in gc.c in debug mode. Do you have a fix ? What
are the potential consequences ?</li>
</ul>
Thanks for your help ! Besides these problems, I want to tell you how impressed
I am by this considerable work of yours.

--------------809B023FFD2C732E72D9623D--

--------------E65A02B1EA6CC7A2DD35D34C

begin:vcard
n:Deutsch;Alain
tel;fax:+33 1 49 65 05 77
tel;work:+33 1 49 65 32 64
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:POLYSPACE.COM
org:PolySpace Technologies
version:2.1
email;internet:Alain.Deutsch@POLYSPACE.COM
title:Chief Technology Officer
adr;quoted-printable:;;28, rue Estienne d'Orves=0D=0A;Montrouge;;92120;FRANCE
fn:Alain Deutsch
end:vcard

--------------E65A02B1EA6CC7A2DD35D34C--