A Simple Analysis to Eliminate Overflow Checking on Increment s

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:01:49 -0700

> There's a paper in this year's PLDI that discusses a similar algorithm
> for overflow detection in Java programs.  Some of the issues they
> discuss are orthogonal because of the differing semantics between the
> CPS IL and their IL, but the basic gist of the algorithm seems to be
> similar to your idea (I don't the proceedings with me here to verify),
> but you guys might want to take a look at it.

I looked around and didn't see anything for PLDI 2001, but I did see the
following for PLDI 2000.

ABCD: Eliminating Array Bounds Checks on Demand

I'll take a look since I'm starting to think about bounds-check elimination as
well.