Time bug work around

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:10:56 -0500

As to getrusage() being fixed some day, I had Rico test it on the latest
kernel (2.4.6) and he could not get it to fail after many many hours.  Still,
it will be a LONG time before everyone upgrades to kernels that fix the problem.
I think the right thing is to have our own getrusage() which works around the
problem.  It is trivial to write, and I am more than willing to do it.  It is
true that it isn't `our' job, but note we did the same kind of hack when Linux
had the bug that user/sys time distinction would broken on SMP machines.  It
really is an easy work around.