latest RPM has max-heap defined

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:56:27 -0500

In  the  latest RPMs, the max-heap is still set.  You said in your mail about
the last time I asked that you did it so that your  machine  doesn't  thrash.
Is  it  thrashing  only  because you are running other big things on it?  The
thresholds should be set so that the default max-heap is ok  unless  you  are
running  other  big stuff (in which case you have to manually set it smaller)
or you are so desperate that you are willing to swap (in which case you  have
to  manually  set  it  larger).   If the current default isn't right, then we
should tweak it.  I remember we had to do this in the change to  2.2  because
the  2.0  level  was  a  bit too large for 2.2 since it had gotten a bit more
aggressive about swapping early.