-include <file>

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:04:14 -0700

> Ah,  I forgot: it is now -include, not -i.  Still, the usage message does not
> show a space.  Also, it does not work correctly.  Ah, my guess  is  that  you
> use
>     #include <file>
> and not
>     #include "file"

No.  core-ml/lookup-constant.fun uses #include "file" and so does
codegen/c-codegen/c-codegen.fun.  Also, I just checked (you can see with -v)
that the -I and -D flags are passed along to gcc as I would expect.

> The  searching  rules  that  the  C preprocessor uses are not quite the same.
> Using `<...>' makes things easier since the directory the .c file  is  in  is
> NOT looked at for these (but is for the `"' case.
>
> This is all fine, but it should be pointed out in the man page and user guide
> that it uses angle-brackets.

I will point out that it uses "", but would like to understand what you thought
went wrong.