contification paper: benchmarks

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:12:26 -0500 (EST)

> > One sentence summaries of the barnes-hut and zern benchmarks? I've got
> > stuff on all the other ones I'm including.
>
> Not quite sentences, but ...
>
> barnes-hut
> 	floating point intensive
> 	n-body simulation
> zern
> 	floating point intensive
> 	from the comments: "Zernick phase screen E-field generation"
> 	written by David McClain <dmcclain@azstarnet.com>

Good enough for what I want.

Opinions on how to present the running times.  Currently, I have the
running time in seconds and the running time normalized to the running
time of the dominator version.  But, I'm considering doing the
normalization to the none version.  If dominator was always the clear
winner, then I would keep that, but when the ratios are all over, it seems
a little arbitrary to choose dom.