contification paper

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:13:55 -0800 (PST)

I'm done for the night.  I put my snapshot at
http://www.star-lab.com/sweeks/01-icfp.tgz

Matthew, you have the token for all sections.

I marked all my changes to sections 1-3 with %sweeks.

I did the same for the start of 4 and for 4.1.

I rewrote much of 4.2 and moved some of it to 4.3, so you should reread all of
that.  I am happy with the form of the contification transformation.

I didn't look at 5, but I think it's pretty much stabilized.

I started on 6, but would like to spend more time there tomorrow.  The main
change I made so far was removing the absolute run times and just leaving the
ratios.  I think it's much easier to read, and the absolute numbers are
arbitrary anyway.

Have a look at my todo list and feel free to do anything there if you want to.
I think we're in fine shape and should be able to finish by tomorrow evening.