bug report for MLton

Norman Ramsey nr@eecs.harvard.edu
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:05:44 -0500

Oops!  You can tell I don't know my SML'97 :-(
Sorry about the false alarm.

I have the revised Definition at the office, but I'm at home this week
(it's spring break).  If you know of a place to get a grammar of
SML'97 online, please let me know.

I spent an hour today failing to fix

            structure EncodingInterface : ENCODING_GENERATOR
                where Code.Constructor = ULinked.Constructor (* NOT SML'97 *)

It just doesn't look possible without good tool support.
I'll keep trying sporadically, but unless the NJ guys can help, this
is probably going to become a background task.  Once I can get this
knocked off, I'll be properly motivated to get the code to compile
with MLton, mosml, and anything else I can find.  Speedups would be
most attractive.

Norman