Introducing the "lookup-constants runtime system" :)

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:43:51 -0500

Here  is what I meant by `fixed names'.  There is a small collection of names
(like MLton_safe) which we want to get from the machine doing the compilation
and  all  the  other  names  should come from the machine which is the target
machine.  Instead of hard-wiring in the name MLton_safe  in  to  the  system,
hard-wire  in  a  prefix like MLton_Flags_ and then use that as the prefix of
all the names which we want to come from the system doing the compilation.