binary RPM

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:31:48 -0700

> Because the mlkit rpm is relocatable and because the mlkit-executable
> needs to know about where on the file system the kit is installed, the
> executable file /usr/bin/mlkit is generated in the post-installation
> phase of the rpm-installation. Thus the file /usr/bin/mlkit is not
> listed when executing ``rpm -ql mlkit'', although the file
> /usr/bin/mlkit is on your system after an install.

Thanks for the explanation.  I think I had confused myself because I did the
following at some point:

% rpm -qf /usr/bin/mlkit
file /usr/bin/mlkit is not owned by any package

When I saw that, I deleted /usr/bin/mlkit because I figured it must have been
part of some old version of the kit that I had installed.  I'm no RPM expert,
but it would be nice if there were some way to get /usr/bin/mlkit listed.