MLton 2001-10-06 is out

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:53:09 -0500

The  new MLton is now out.  I checked all the links on all of our html stuff,
and the following are having problems.

ftp://ftp.research.bell-labs.com/dist/smlnj/benchmarks/110-benchmarks.tar.Z
no  longer  exists.   In  the  same  directory  there  is   a   file   called
SML97-benchmarks.tar.Z,  which  might  contain  what  we  got  from  the  old
110-benchmarks.tar.Z, but since I don't know exactly  which  benchmarks  came
from   there   I   can't   be   sure.    (Note,   the   newest  timestamp  in
SML97-benchmarks.tar.Z is May 28th, 1999.)

http://www-dsed.llnl.gov/files/programs/unix/latex2html/manual/
is not responding.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~twm/
is not responding.  In fact, DNS is not giving me any address at cmu.edu  for
any  machine here.  I tried from a machine in Cincinnati, and DNS there finds
the machine but cannot open a connection to port 80.   Something  is  clearly
busted around CMU.

I didn't fix any of the above.

http://www.daimi.au.dk/CPnets/workshop99/papers/Mortensen.ps.gz
This  link is fine, but I hadn't seen it before.  When I grabbed it I noticed
that in their comparison of MLton and SML/NJ they say that MLton code is  1/3
the  speed  (but  half the size) of SML/NJ.  They were using the C version of
MLton, who knows how long ago, but we should see if MLton now does better.

Stephen, you should send something to MLton-discuss on the new version.