CVS: -kb

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:12:25 -0700

I'm afraid there's a problem with making every file -kb.  CVS refuses to merge
files.  For example, I just got the following when trying to do an update.

cvs server: nonmergeable file needs merge
cvs server: revision 1.8.4.1 from repository is now in mlton/codegen/x86-codegen/x86.sig
cvs server: file from working directory is now in .#x86.sig.1.9
C mlton/codegen/x86-codegen/x86.sig

I assume the "nonmergeable file needs merge" means CVS refuses to merge because
of the -kb.  So, we either need to figure out how to force CVS to do the merge
(I'm doubtful) or scale back from -kb to -ko.