problems others have making MLton using old version

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:27:27 -0700

> I vote again for the goal that making MLton from sources (in the Makefile)
> take two passes: In the first you use a standard (i.e., any, like probably an
> old version of MLton) compiler with no non-standard stuff.  Then the second
> pass uses the just-made compiler to re-make MLton, this time using all the
> extra facilities provided by MLton.

Agreed.  I would like to see this, while keeping around the ability to do the
single pass make as well.

You have CVS access.  Go for it.  I don't think this requires a hacker guide.