MLton 20011006

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:50:56 -0700

> Just a followup.  I successfully used the new release to build the
> full \-RTL system.  I did have one problem: the memory-adjustment
> routines are still not in place.  My initial attempt at compiling on a
> 0.5GB machine thrashed.  Adding `max-heap 400m' in the appropriate
> spot fixed everything.  I'm letting you know in case you thought you
> had fixed the problem...

We thought we fixed it, and may have, for our definition of fixed :-).
Our definition is that MLton never grabs more than 85% of the RAM on
your machine.  If you have other stuff running that is consuming
memory, we don't pay attention to that.  I'd at least like to confirm
that this is working.  If you could do a compile with

	mlton @MLton gc-messages gc-summary -- foo.sml

that would show us how much memory the runtime is grabbing.  Thanks.