checkHandlers

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:04:33 -0700

> I  still  don't  get  what  the  meaning  of  the  handler field is.  Is this
> expressing what must be done after the return (before  you  go  to  the  cont
> label)?

No.  It is the continuation that should be called in the event that
the callee raises.  It is unrelated to cont.

> Thus DontCare means it doesn't matter because the code at cont will
> set it to something.

DontCare means that the callee can't raise, so it doesn't matter what
the handler continuation is.

> And Some would mean that it must be set to the value carried in that
> case.

Some l means that if the callee raises, it should raise to l.

> In that case what does None mean?

None means that if the callee raises it should raise to the handler
continuation that the caller was called with.

Anyways, I'm off for the night.  More tomorrow.