Win32 cross-compiling so far...

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:14:11 +0200

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> During compilation, MLton creates, compiles, and executes a small C file to
> Hopefully this gives you enough of a hint as to what to fix?

Thanks a lot! Indeed this will help a lot :)

> Absolutely.  Once you get something stable I'll bring your changes into the
> official version.

Great!

> Hmm.  MLton can self compile without problems using 450M RAM.  Further, it will
> only request 85% of total RAM.  It must be other stuff running on your machine.

Well, I installed the binary version for Linux from your homepage,
and did a compilation to Linux of the source code from your homepage.
I was running top and it was very clear that the process mlton was
using about 860 MB RAM a lot of the time. I even shut down X-Windows
to gain a little more mem... I think it's very strange if you say
it should only use 450 MB.

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com