Crosscompiling

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:15:50 +0200

And regarding the crosscompiling...

I have tried a few things. When crosscompiling, I usually
set the PATH variable to all the crosscompiler tools.
For the pre-compilation step, I tried modifying
/usr/local/bin/mlton

And setting the line gcc='/usr/bin/gcc'
In the last line of the script I can also set
the -D_WIN32 flag:

doit "$root" ...
     ... -D_WIN32 "$@"

But the assembler still complains, because it tries
to use the cross-assembler. So I probably need to pass
the option -Bprefix=/usr/bin to gcc. But it seems that
there is no longer a way to pass options to gcc
(as in the old days? :) Is there any good way that
I can pass this flag to gcc by just modifying the
scripts? Or should I just modify the mlton source
slightly?

I'm also not sure if setting gcc='/usr/bin/gcc' only
affects precompilation or if it also affects the use
of the C-backend.

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com