MLton RAM usage

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:39:42 +0200

Henry Cejtin wrote:
> Did you happen to get how much of the 10 hours was system time, how much was
> user time and how much was idle time (i.e., real time = use + sys + idle)?
> Also I would be very curious to know how big the mlton process was to see if
> the problem is that we didn't compute the memory we can grab correctly or if
> there is less memory grabbable than we think.

I don't have the numbers for system time vs. user time - but I
remember that much of the time was spent swapping memory in
and out - so this would be system time. I believe the CPU usage
percentage was very low (just as it was when I was compiling the
old MLton when I only had 256MB memory and 256MB swap).

Also, I remember that the mlton process was using 860 MB of
memory most of the time.

Btw. all of what I describe here applies to when I had 512MB RAM
and activated 512MB swap.

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com