MLton RAM usage

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:59:33 +0200

Henry Cejtin wrote:

> I'm  glad  that the compiler problem is now explained, but I don't think that
> it explains the situation with your  application.   The  problem  would  only
> effect  programs  that use a saved world (which the compiler does, but unless
> you explicitly call MLton.World.saveThread yours won't)  and  only  when  you
> save  the  heap on a machine with a different amount of RAM from when you re-
> load the heap.

Well, I guess the compiler saves the basis library as world.mlton, and I
might have had the swap space enabled when compiling the compiler - and
it was not when running the app.

But I'm also thinking of another thing - does getRAMsize look at
how much memory is available or at how much is free? In my opinion
it should look at free memory and not available...

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com