compiles asking for too much memory understood

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:50:44 -0700

> That (don't save it and just set it like in GC_init) is what makes sense to me
> but I still have this vague recollection of you having some feeling about this
> being wrong.

OK.  It's on the (urgent portion of the) todo list.

> I remember, thinking more about it, talking about some problem
> if the restored heap got smaller.  I wish I could remember more.

If you have any other keywords that you think might get it or an approximate
date range, I'll look some more.  I looked through my mail as far back as Jan 98
and couldn't find it.  But I do recall discussing it.

> It really is surprising that we haven't seen this problem before or from
> other people.  I can only conclude that you make RPMs on a 512 meg machine,
> and that none of us use a machine much smaller.  (Although I remember Matthew
> having problems earlier.)

Yeah.  I hope to get the fix out soon.