Status again...

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:28:49 +0200

Hello!

Now I've added an option:  -stop constprog

It produces the program file - but it crashes on Win32.
I realize that this must be because the compiler links
with -lmlton and -lgmp already at this point,
and these are not crosscompiled yet.

So I guess I will really have to make some bad
mess of include flags to continue trying your
suggestion again.

But after the compiler itself is crosscompiled,
there will still be problems compiling the applications
I guess - since now the mlton and gmp libraries
_are_ the crosscompiled ones... So I guess it
will take a more proper way of doing cross-compilation
bootstrapping.

We need at least:
hostgcc and targetgcc
hostmlton and targetmlton

And while we're at at we might as well define
sourcegcc and sourcemlton

Here I assume the definitions that gcc uses for crosscompiling:

host   - the system that the compiler is currently running on
source - the system that the resulting compiler will run on
target - the system that the resulting compiler will compile for

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com