[MLton-devel] new release ready for testing

Matthew Fluet Matthew Fluet <fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:56:59 -0400 (EDT)

> > Or compile it from source?  If so, then I don't understand why it is
> > included in the MLton rpm/source.
>
> A Cygwin user could grab the gmp and compile it from the source.  The
> only reason for the gmp tgz in the MLton sources is so that they can
> compile MLton without having to go off and grab anything else.  Maybe
> that's a bogus reason.

I'd say it is.  If I don't have gmp installed in Linux, I have to go off
and fetch it; yes some of the fancy installers might get my dependencies
for me, but I still need to.  Another argument, if it doesn't end up in
the rpm, it shouldn't be in the source.  Although, I do see that you've
included libgmp.a in the Cygwin binary distribution.

Also, although this might just add fuel to Henry's fire, downloading off
of sourceforge is ridiculously slow.