[MLton-devel] mailing list problems

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:29:03 -0700

I am seeing some problems with the mailing lists that I can't figure
out, and I can't even determine whether the fault is at sourceforge or
yahoo (which has the nameservers for mlton.org and does mail
forwarding).

Here is how I have fowarding set up at mlton.org

address				forwards to
------------------------	---------------------------------
MLton@mlton.org 		MLton-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
MLton-announce@mlton.org	MLton-announce@lists.sourceforge.net
MLton-devel@mlton.org		MLton-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
MLton-user@mlton.org		MLton-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Now, the weird thing is that mail sent to MLton@mlton.org seems to
work fine (witness this mail and all the other mails sent over the
last week).  However, mail sent to any of the other three addresses
disappears.  I would like to blame sourceforge, except that

1. Mail sent directly to any of the "forwards to" addresses works fine.

2. I don't see why there should be any difference between sending to
MLton@mlton.org and MLton-devel@mlton.org, both of which forward to
the same address.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong, or things to try,
I'm all ears.