[MLton-devel] working with polyspace

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:44:17 -0500

I'm pretty sure that Dybvig's Chez only used BIBOP for later generations, not
for the nursery.  I.e., either way the code generated is the same.  Only the
GC needs to know about BIBOP (this isn't quite right for Chez where some type
tests may need to know).  Allocating everything from the same place is also
probably a bit better from the point of view of cache locality.  This makes
a dis-proportionately big deal because the cache's will fetch the cache lines
even though you know that they are junk at the frontier.