[MLton-devel] mlton/doc CHANGES,1.62,1.63

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:27:03 -0500

I really have to figure out how to work around the problem with the shared
gmp library.  Several times now I have had programs that don't use any gmp
and when I moved them around to older systems they would not run because they
don't have gmp.  My work around was to run
	ar qc libgmp.a
(which makes a libgmp.a which is `empty') and to then run MLton with
	-L`pwd`
at the end.  This caused it to use the local libgmp.a instead of the shared
one so that the program wouldn't look for the missing shared library.
Not a disaster, but not good.