[MLton-devel] mlton/doc CHANGES,1.62,1.63

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:01:54 -0500

I don't see how what you say could be the problem that I see.  Again, if I
just run MLton then the resulting executable, as reported by ldd, needs
the gmp shared library.  If, on the other hand, I do
	ar qc libgmp.a
which makes a .a file with NO .o files in it, and then re-run MLton with
	-L`pwd`
at the end, then the resulting executable does NOT need the gmp shared library.
If there were any reference in any thing loaded to stuff in the gmp world then
the linker would have failed to find it and so the link would have failed.
Doesn't this prove that it your explanation fails to explain?