[MLton-devel] opus introduction

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@cs.purdue.edu
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:52:22 -0500

I've finally gotten around to working on the opus.  I've checked-in
a modified version of Steve's intro. to cvs that tries to be less
polemical towards SML implementations, and elides discussion
on general benefits of performance since much of that applies to
any language implementation.  I've also added extra text on
various passes.

My goal is to have a draft ready by the time of the MLton meeting,
but would like to solicit ideas for programs that we could use as
a running example through each of the passes.  I've got code that
I could use to highlight any given pass, but nothing that is both
small and interesting enough that could be described over all of
them.

I'll also need some help in writing the section on the code generator
and runtime.  If Matthew and/or Steve could help me with that, it
would be great.

-- Suresh