[MLton-devel] Twelf benchmark

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:32:13 -0800

Hi guys.  I'm not sure if you saw the recent thread on comp.lang.ml
regarding twelf

	http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=ataiff%24hod%241%40cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26group%3Dcomp.lang.ml

It inspired me to turn twelf into a benchmark to compare SML compilers
-- well, at least compare SML/NJ and MLton since I'm not sure how easy
it is to port anywhere else.  In any case, it was easy enough to port
twelf-server to MLton.  I only had to remove the int-inf stuff so that
MLton's IntInf is used and to patch the signals code.

Twelf-server now seems to run fine with MLton.  I tried making some of
the examples and they work.  What I'd like from you is a suggestion as
to a good example to use for the benchmark that (1) uses a lot of your
system and (2) runs for tens of seconds on a modern machine.

Do you have any suggestions?